Changing Standard Practice
Beyond the Pill’s FREE online training is a primer on IUDs and contraceptive implants suitable for all types of health care providers and support staff. This one-hour course is self-paced and interactive.
Each section features real world providers who guide learners through all steps of offering IUD and implant services to their patients.
Key features of online training
- CME-accredited - providers can earn 1 credit hour toward CME and CE requirements.
- Designed for all health staff, including clinicians, educators, counselors, social workers and administrative staff.
- Self-paced with videos, case studies and interactive quizzes.
Curriculum for online training
- Introduction to different types of IUDs and the contraceptive implant.
- Explanation of the public health implications of increased use of highly effective contraceptives.
- How to use the CDC’s Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraception.
- How to address common misinformation.
- How to counsel patients on IUDs and implants.
- How to integrate IUDs and implants into routine care.
To access this free training:
- Go to this link: bixbycenter.digitalchalk.com
- Register and go to the Catalog tab in the upper right
- Select "An update on long-acting reversible contraception" & add to your cart
- Click on the checkout icon at the top of the screen
This course is accredited by the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.