Contraceptive Training Specialist – Part-Time Consultant
The Beyond the Pill Program at the UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health has an opening for a part-time consultant Contraceptive Training Specialist to lead trainings for health care providers and to plan and implement health education and training activities. This position is part of Beyond the Pill’s training team and contributes to its national program to promote contraceptive access and reproductive autonomy.
Beyond the Pill’s national training program seeks to increase the competency of health care providers to offer the full range of contraceptive methods, including the IUD and implant, and to give individuals the information they need to make informed choices about contraception. The program is committed to promoting patient autonomy through non-directive, patient-centered counseling and integrates key principles of reproductive justice. Trainings are conducted throughout the U.S. for under-resourced health centers, including community clinics (primary care and family planning), departments of health, public hospitals, teen clinics, school-based health centers and colleges, and include general information suitable for all audiences, as well as separate practicums focused on counseling and clinical skills.
- Lead trainings, in-person and virtually, on contraceptive care, patient education and counseling skills, and implicit bias and cultural humility
- Build relationships and collaborations with national and community-based organizations
- Conduct clinic assessments and adapt training curriculum for different audiences
- Provide technical assistance to clinics
- Contribute to curriculum updates and development of new training modules and health materials
- Bachelor's degree in any area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Engaging speaker and dynamic group facilitator able to establish and maintain rapport with small and large groups
- 1 - 2 years of experience in the reproductive health and/or social justice fields in training and/or service provision
- Working knowledge of contraceptive methods, contraceptive education, counseling trends
- Working knowledge of training methods and techniques, experience in facilitation or teaching and engaging adult learners through both in-person and online delivery formats
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for reproductive justice and health equity
- Ability to engage and build relationships with people from diverse communities
- Ability to conduct need assessments and develop training curriculum and materials
- Highly organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the U.S. for trainings
- U.S. driver’s license
- Master’s degree in public health, social work, gender studies, counseling or related field
- Continuing education in related field
- At least 1 year of experience providing direct service in a reproductive health setting
- 3 years of experience in the reproductive health and/or social justice fields in training and/or service provision
More information about Beyond the Pill can be found here: http://beyondthepill.ucsf.edu/
We welcome applications from individuals who identify as members of groups traditionally under-represented in healthcare and research.
Screening of applications will continue until position is filled.