Beyond the Pill’s newly updated and FREE online training “Improving Access to the Full Range of Contraceptive Methods, Including IUDs & Implants” is an excellent primer on IUDs and the implant and discusses how to integrate these methods into your clinic services to help patients access the full range of contraceptive options. The training is designed for all types of health care providers and support staff. This 90-minute course is self-paced and interactive.
Each section features real-world providers who guide learners through all steps of offering IUDs and implants, as part of offering the full range of contraceptive options, to their patients.
Take our free online training now.
To access this free training:
- Go to this link: https://cmecalifornia.com/lms/[email protected]=-firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.comActivityId=-1
- Create an account on CMECalifornia.com
- Select the course "Improving Access to the Full Range of Contraceptive Methods, Including IUDs & Implants"
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Overview” page, check the box to confirm read information, and click “Continue”
- Under the "Content" tab, click on Module 1 to begin the course
Key features of online training
- CME-accredited - providers can earn 1.5 credit hours toward CME and CE requirements.
- Designed for all health staff, including clinicians, educators, counselors, social workers, and administrative staff.
- Self-paced with videos, case studies, and quizzes.
Curriculum for online training
- Introduction to different types of IUDs and the contraceptive implant.
- Using the CDC’s Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraception.
- Addressing common misinformation about IUDs and implants.
- Review of counseling approaches designed to support patients in making voluntary and informed choices about contraception.
- Integrating IUDs and implants into routine care.
Thanks to Cardea for their collaboration in the instructional design and development of these modules.
This course is accredited by the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.